Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Reflection of Classes so Far

I really enjoy going to AP English class and we have done several things so far this year. I think that the conversations that we have in class are very deep. They make us think about how the world is and how humans act. Sometimes I even feel like the conversations are over my head because of how intense they are. We have had discussions over Nickel and Dimed and The Great Gatsby. In our group discussions about Nickel and Dimed, we talked about how people might help with the poor to make themselves look better and they feel like its the right thing to do. They do not really care about helping the poor, but just about how it makes them be perceived as a good person. In our conversations about The Great Gatsby, we have spent much time talking about Gatsby’s lifestyle, his intentions, and his love for Daisy. When I read these two novels, I did not think that deep about them. Talking about them in class helped me realize why they are considered great literature. They make you question human nature and their motivation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are paying attention. :) Thanks for talking more today.